[mythtv-users] ot: mce remote support in lirc

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 4 03:34:35 EST 2004

On Feb 29, 2004, at 11:54 AM, Dan Conti wrote:

> I know at least a few people on this list are using the windows media
> center remotes so i thought i'd drop a line.

Or at least the receiver. ;-)

> A big batch of bugfixes went into lirc cvs for the mceusb driver,
> including some fixups for the lircd.conf. Some people were having
> problems
> with repeat events failing after a while and with lircd abruptly
> exiting,
> these should both be taken care of now. It's also faster, smaller, and
> all
> those other things.

The new version is a monster improvement for me, excellent work, Dan.
Things got better with the Hauppauge remote, and I was able to go
through an entire irrecord this time with my RS remote. Previously,
with the Hauppauge, about 3/4 of all button presses never resulted in
anything happening, with the other quarter divided up between proper
functionality and crashes that managed to kill off both lircd and the
mythfrontend. Now I've got responsiveness and stability that are nearly
100% with my RS remote. Cool!

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...