[mythtv-users] commercial "entertainment PCs"

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 4 04:04:09 EST 2004

On Mar 3, 2004, at 8:24 AM, Henk Poley wrote:

>> Van: Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>
>>
>> It sure would be nice if MythTV could make its way into
>> some of the commercial markets before our TVs are dominated
>> by Microsoft as well...
>
> There are companies doing this already. Most of them sell some sort of
> rebranded VIA EPIA system with a BT878A (or was it BT787A?) MPEG2 chip
> and
> MythTV pre-installed, with no further warrenty on that last one.

We *finally* just got a prototype one of these at work today:

http://www.digeo.com/prodserv/moxi_overview.jsp

Via C3 at 733MHz, 256MB of RAM, 80GB hard drive, DVI, Component, SVideo
and Composite video out, digital coax and optical audio outs, as well
as stereo out. And the kicker -- dual onboard *cable* HDTV tuners. The
box itself runs a Red Hat Linux 7.3-derived OS. In the brief time I've
had to play with it, I can say this: WOW, this thing rocks! More time
to play tomorrow...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...