[mythtv-users] Any Slackware Users?

Joel Comeaux jcomeaux at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 4 14:02:44 EST 2004

Yeah, Slackware is great, but then, I'm a completely distro
neutral kind of guy.  I don't use any of those "helper" apps
that so many distros try to shove down your throat, so I
like my distros simple/neat and unobtrusive....slackware
fits the bill.

I've tried the bttv route (ATI TV-Wonder VE).  Got it
working with Freevo, but I found Freevo to be a pain
(constant searching through python config files to track
down minor issues), and the bttv card wouldn't work with
mythtv "out of the box"...didn't feel like muckin' with it.

Get the pvr 250, hauppauge.  You'll be happy with it.

Joel