[mythtv-users] IR Control of new Myth box

Michael Segulja msegulja at lmdcs.com
Thu Mar 4 18:33:12 EST 2004

I just finished building a test system to run Myth to demo for my wife more than anything.  After the big Superbowl fiasco with Janet's Jackson, I heard about Tivo's tracking of it's users viewing habits.  Well, being that I have a Tivo, and did not realize Big Brother was watching prior to that, I'm ready to go with an open source solution.

So, the big key here is impress the wife with Myth and show it can do everything Tivo can and more.  My question is regarding IR remote control.  Is there a standard that all of you in myth-land have come to love?  I have a Sony RM-VL1000 that I absolutely love, and would really like to make use of for Myth.  I have no idea how to go about this though?  Would it even work?

Any advice from you experts would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael