[mythtv-users] Cheapest card for capturing with MythTV?

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 5 17:07:51 EST 2004

Quoting Bill Chmura <Bill at Explosivo.com>:

> Now, how can I do this last part?  The redoing the recorded markup table....
>
> I've heard that FF and stuff does not work after if you change the file...
> and that you can't redo the markup
The slow and unreliable way - Delete the recordedmarkup table and run
mythcommflag.  Doesn't always work.

The fast way - I patched mpegindex from the ivtv utils to write a human (and
Perl) readable index file, and a Perl script that takes that index file and
creates recordedmarkup DB entries from it.  I'm going to be cleaning it up and
posting the patch to mpegindex and the script.  (I just wrote it last night.)