[mythtv-users] FOCUS update for BETA of 0.4 release for MythTV

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Fri Mar 5 20:29:31 EST 2004

Bill Bradley wrote:

> So far so good.  Almost everything has worked "out of the box" except for
> MythDVD .  I get sound, but no picture using the default mplayer, which is
> strange because MythVideo works fine.  In addition, viewing recorded programs
> is not working.  I can see the db listing, no preview, hit play and nothing.
> I had a similar problem with myth from deb packages on my laptop trying to
> use nfs for playback instead of streaming via the backend. The only fix I
> found was to compile from source.  I don't know if this is a compile flag or
> a setting in the db or what.  Any info would be nice as I prefer to stream.
>
> Also the xmame packages have libesd0 / libesd-alsa0 dependency problems via
> apt.  Its looking for a versions that are not in the repository yet.  Once
> its in...or if I get motivated enough to compile from source this weekend,
> I'll let you know how it works. also no biggy but the large fonts seem to be
> a bit on the grainy side.  I will try to knock them down a size to see if it
> clears them up.
>
> cheers,
> bill bradley

Thanks for helping to test Bill.

I just tried MythDVD. It works fine here. Might it be the command line
you have setup in it?

I will have to look a the xmame dependency problem. I did not try to
install it (xmame) as I have not experience using it. Now that I know
there are problems I'll see what I can do.

I noticed the grainy fonts as well. I am not sure if it is using the TT
versions. I suspect xfs may not be setup to by default.

Dennis