[mythtv-users] Winfast TV2000 XP

Stephen Atkins atkinss at telusplanet.net
Sat Mar 6 17:20:47 EST 2004

Thanks for the replies.  I got things going and I guess it helps that I've
tried this a coupld of times.  Here are my steps as best as I can remember.
If anyone needs help with this drop me and email (atkinss at
telusplanet.net) and I'll see what I can do to help.

1. Installed Gentoo and got a basic system running.  With Kernel 2.6.3-r1
(check Gentoo on how to do this)
2. emerge genkernel
3. Put lirc in USE (under /etc/make.conf)
4. emerge lirc
6. run genkernel all --menuconfig
	a. Included IrDA support under Device Drivers/Networking/IrDA as modules.
Include everything just in case.
	b. under Device Drivers/Character Devices/Linux InfraRed Controller: module
GPIO also I set a maximum of 1 LIRC device
	c. under Device Drivers/Multimedia Devices/Video for Linux.  I added as
modules everything in here just in case
	d. Don't forget to include file system/network and anything else nesassary
to get your system working.
7. Once compiled run lilo (if your using grub don't ask me because I run
lilo).
8. Reboot. (Cross fingers)
9. If everything comes up properly great.  cd /etc/modules.d/  edit aliases
file and add these lines.
	alias char-major-81 bttv videodev
	alias char-major-81-0 bttv
	options bttv radio=1 tuner=2 gbuffers=8
	options tuner debug=1 type=2
	alias char-major-61 lirc_gpio
10. Run modules-update
11. You should now be able to modprobe lirc_gpio and if you get errors
double check your aliases.
12. From here I followed the MythTV Lirc setup from chapter 8.5 on.

Just so everyone knows I haven't completed the MythTV install yet but at
least when I run irw it returns my remote buttons as it should.  Again if I
forgot a step or if any one thinks I can help please give me an email and
I'll see what I can do.  Thanks to everyone who posted both past and
present.

Stephen Atkins