[mythtv-users] Recording shows to DVD?

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Mar 6 18:06:00 EST 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 05:35:57PM -0500, stan wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 05:12:19PM -0500, Andrew Dodd wrote:
> > Quoting "Boyd II, Willy" <wboyd at fulbright.com>:
> >

> > > pvr-250 right?  I don't think you want the dvb stuff then.  I was referring
> > > to this script:
> > >
> > > ---------------
> > > #!/bin/sh
> > >
> > > mkfifo aud0
> > > mkfifo vid0
> > > mkfifo dvdmpg
> > >
> > > mpeg2desc -a0 < $1 > aud0 &
> > > mpeg2desc -v0 < $1 > vid0 &
> > > mplex -f 8 -V -o dvdmpg aud0 vid0 &
> > > dvdauthor -o $2 -f dvdmpg
> > > dvdauthor -o $2 -T
> > >
> > > rm aud0
> > > rm vid0
> > > rm dvdmpg
> > > ----------------
> > >
> > > Pass it the .nuv file and a name for the new dvd project.  You should end
> > > up
> > > with a directory which you can mkisofs into a ISO then burn it.  (Or are
> > > people somehow bypassing the mkisofs step to burn?  lemme know if so...)
> > That's my script.  :)
> >
> > The requirements are mjpegtools (provides mplex) and dvdauthor (provides
> > mpeg2desc and dvdauthor).
> >
> > mkisofs is needed, but it's possible to pipe the output of mkisofs directly to
> > cdrecord without any file being written to disc.
> >
> > An example:
> > ----------
> > #!/bin/sh
> > TSIZE=`mkisofs -dvd-video -udf -q -print-size .`
> > mkisofs -dvd-video -udf -V "$1" . | nice -10 cdrecord speed=1 dev=1,1,0 \
> > driveropts=burnfree -dao -v tsize="$TSIZE"s -
>
> OK, I was able to figure out how to record the DVD. I used
>
> growiosfs -dvd-video -Z /dev/dvd $2
>
> And I got a DVD thta plays the video perfectly. But has no audio, at
> least when played back by myth's "Play DVD" fucntion. I figured if
> it didn't work there, there really was no sense in trying it in
> my DVD player, right?

Never mind :-(

It's working now. Somehow my ststem had gotten into a mode where
playing even comercialy mastered VD's gave no sound output. Rebooting
fixed this.

At the moment, I suspect a conflict, as I am uisng one combo device
for CD read/write, and DVD read/write, and I'm getting some strange CD
looking error messages on the root console, when I open up the drive
to insert a DVD.

Is there someplace in the configs, where it can be set up to try
to read a CD/DVD when it's inserted W?O operator initiatan? If
there is, than I definately need to trun this off.

I would add a CD R/W, but I/m out of places on my IDE chain, and
have no more PCI slots to add another controelr.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin