[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup won't run, exits with errors (Fedora)

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Mar 7 02:45:50 EST 2004

On Mar 6, 2004, at 20:29, match at ece.utah.edu wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2004 at 21:48, Cam Vertesi wrote:
>
>> Right, so it looks like it's a problem with MySQL.  did you set up any
>> passwords on your sql server?
>
> Yes I did. Jarods write-up suggests that you set a root password.
> But it seems to me that if mythsetup needs to access mysql then it
> would need to know the password. (Just guessing, I have no clue)

If you imported the initial mc.sql from the mythtv db directory, then
you have a database mythconverg, with a mysql user mythtv, password
mythtv, which is what mythtvsetup uses. All should be fine there.

Your initial message actually indicates the problem may be that you
don't have the qt-mysql package installed. What does "rpm -q qt-mysql"
return? If nothing, then "apt-get install qt-mysql". Not sure why it
wouldn't be on there though... :-\

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...