[mythtv-users] @ X sessions?

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 7 08:12:40 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 15:28, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> On 06 Mar 2004 07:15:07 -0500, jose rubio <debian at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Look at my XF86Config file (attached)
>
> I tried to use it merged with my own - I run on the Pundit's internal gfx
> card to drive my monitor and a PVR350 to drive the TV. Everytime I try to
> run on the attached config the computer locks up hard and won't respond to
> anythong except the power button :(
>
> > Have you read the file ivtv-fb.c?  The begining of it is a HOWTO on
> > setting up X to run this way.
>
> Doesn't look that updated to me... :)
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>
>    Screen 0 "Screen 1"                      # << (your computer monitor)
>
>    # (add the following line)
>    Screen 1 "TV Screen" RightOf "Screen 1"  # << (TV screen)

> EndSection
>
> / Niklas
> ----

They should have used better names for the screens but i don't think it
is outdated.

Anyway, i looked through your xconfig file, i did not see anyting wrong
with it but i'm not an expert either...

You said that your computer lock's up when you start x?  That should not
be happening (to state the obvious :-) but seriously, can you not even
ssh into the machine?

How are you starting x?  have you tried booting into text mode and then
just

# startx

you should see all the logs on the screen and then if it fails it should
come back to the console.

I would think that the only way you can lock up a machine with a config
file is if you load a module that causes trouble...  we need to figure
out which one it is...

-jose-