[mythtv-users] Hardware review before the plunge..

Matthew Geller mgeller at mn.rr.com
Sun Mar 7 12:16:41 EST 2004

Jarod,

I noticed you went for an Audigy vs. the on board Chaintech 7NIF2 sound
card.  You mention the video is good enough, but is the sound?

When considering configurations.  What are the pros/cons of a master and
master slave vs. backend and multiple frontends?

I was leaning towards single backend and multiple frontends.  I can keep
down the size, noise and cost of the frontends.  Yet have a huge old backend
with loud drives and multiple capture cards to feed the house.  Cheaper to
run CAT5 then coax.

-Matt