[mythtv-users] Recording shows to DVD?

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Mar 7 20:36:15 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 11:25:50AM -0600, Chris Delis wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 10:58:42AM -0500, stan wrote:

> > > That's my script.  :)
> > >
> > Now that I have this working (and thanks for all the ehlp on that!). I have
> > one more question on this subject.
> >
> > How can I put more than 1 show on a DVD?
>

> You need to expand on the dvdauthor command.  Instead of:
>
>    dvdauthor -o dvdimage -f dvdmpg
>
> you can add more mpegs to your dvd image like so:
>
>    dvdauthor -o dvdimage -f dvdmpg1 dvdmpg2 [...]
>
> This implies the need to create the additonal dvd-compliant mpegs,
> one for each show you want to put on dvd.
>
> mpeg2desc -a0 < originalshow1.nuv > aud0 &
> mpeg2desc -v0 < originalshow1.nuv > vid0 &
> mplex -f 8 -V -o dvdmpg1 aud0 vid0 &
>
> mpeg2desc -a0 < originalshow2.nuv > aud0 &
> mpeg2desc -v0 < originalshow2.nuv > vid0 &
> mplex -f 8 -V -o dvdmpg2 aud0 vid0 &
>
> ...and then when you are done creating these, finish off with dvdauthor:
>
> dvdauthor -o mydvd -f dvdmpg1 dvdmpg2
> dvdauthor -o mydvd -T
>

> I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to put it all together in a nice
> generic script :)

Thnaks.

If I ever get my X and ivtv-fb issues resolved (which is stuff I'm not very good at :-(),
I will write a script for this (which I am failry good at), and post it to the list.

Meanwhile, I'm off to fight with XF86Config-4 files.

Thanks, again.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin