[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup won't run, exits with errors (Fedora)

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Sun Mar 7 22:21:08 EST 2004

Still no joy.  :-(

On 6 Mar 2004 at 23:45, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2004, at 20:29, match at ece.utah.edu wrote:
>
> > On 6 Mar 2004 at 21:48, Cam Vertesi wrote:
> >
> >> Right, so it looks like it's a problem with MySQL.  did you set up any
> >> passwords on your sql server?
> >
> > Yes I did. Jarods write-up suggests that you set a root password.
> > But it seems to me that if mythsetup needs to access mysql then it
> > would need to know the password. (Just guessing, I have no clue)
>
> If you imported the initial mc.sql from the mythtv db directory, then
> you have a database mythconverg, with a mysql user mythtv, password
> mythtv, which is what mythtvsetup uses. All should be fine there.

As user mythtv, executing:
mysql -u root -p < /user/share/doc/mythtv-0.14/database/mc.sql
seems to do nothing at all except ask for the MySQL password. No
messages on the screen, just exits to a prompt. When I look in
/var/lib/mysql   I see:
mysql   mysql.sock   test  (test is an empty directory, mysql is
populated)
but no mythconverg ...

> Your initial message actually indicates the problem may be that you
> don't have the qt-mysql package installed. What does "rpm -q qt-mysql"
> return? If nothing, then "apt-get install qt-mysql". Not sure why it
> wouldn't be on there though... :-\

Yeah, I thought of that, but:

"rpm -q qt-mysql" says it's not there. "apt-get install qt-mysql" says it
can't find the package.

synaptic says that I have Qt-MySQL verion 1:3.1.2-14 installed

??? So I don't know if I have it or not!

Marvin