[mythtv-users] re: IR Control of new Myth box

Adam Felson a.f.5 at pobox.com
Mon Mar 8 09:52:55 EST 2004

>I do not have a serial port free left is there any ways ro have  IR
>receiver connected on the USB port instead?
>Thanks

I've had success with the streamzap remote, but it wasn't easy getting
it to work.  I had to get the streamzap patch at sourceforge and then
find a version of lirc that it would work with!  The only version the
0.05 sz patch works agains (not cvs anymore) is 0.7.0pre2.  It's also
necessary to keep watch of where it puts the kernel modules.  The
version of 0.7.0 puts kernel modules into /lib/modules/<kernel>/misc;
the mandrake kernel has them in
/lib/modules/<kernel>/kernel/3rdparty/lirc.

--
Adam Felson <a.f.5 at pobox.com>