[mythtv-users] Tivo Series 2 Remote Update

John F. DeLuca johnfdeluca at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 14:25:44 EST 2004

Thanks to Joel Ebel, I now have a new lircd.conf file for my Tivo remote which allows
unqiue key definitions for the 39 keys for each setting of the DVR 1/2 toggle switch.
This essentially doubles my available keys which I can program for use with MythTV or
for any other PC function.

If anyone is interested, I've posted both the lircd.conf file as well as the lircrc file I use
with MythTV here:

lircd.conf:  http://home.comcast.net/~johnfdeluca/lircrc.txt
lircrc:  http://home.comcast.net/~johnfdeluca/lircrc.txt

The lircd.conf file has instructions on how to set up your Tivo remote to send unique
IRs based on the DVR switch setting.