[mythtv-users] USB gamepad use - Interact AxisPad

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 8 16:35:01 EST 2004

If the gamepad is HID compliant... most if not all are... you just plug
it into the computer, make sure it gets detected in dmesg, have joydev
module loaded, and then cat /dev/input/jsX where X is 1-4.   If you
press any buttons on the gamepad, you should be getting characters from
the controller.  If you do, thats good and you'll have no problems.
While having cat running, i usually check to make sure all my pad's
buttons work too.

-bborie