[mythtv-users] Trouble with LIRC following Jarrod's guide.

Aaron Levinson alevinsn at aracnet.com
Mon Mar 8 18:21:07 EST 2004

Consider using synaptic instead of apt-get.  You will easily be able to
find your appropriate kernel module, if one is available, by searching for
"lirc-kmdl".  Also, I think that a new kernel is available, and you may
have more success getting appropriate kernel modules with a newer kernel.

I completed my first Fedora MythTV install using Jarod's guide over the
weekend, and I used synaptic to retrieve, install, and upgrade most RPMs
instead of using apt-get.  I won't say that my experiences were free of
any problems, because I encountered many problems, and many appear to have
to do with recent changes to the list of RPMs available.  I'm planning on
documenting the issues I encountered, along with my solutions, some time
soon.

Good luck,
Aaron Levinson