[mythtv-users] MythDVD and Xine with VGA-to-TV Video Converter question

Dave Anderson dave at ineedasite.com
Mon Mar 8 21:08:10 EST 2004

I have a pvr-350, but with all the hard locks I decided to get a VGA to TV
Video Converter. It is a StarTech VGA2NTSCPRO. It works good for MythTV,
watching live tv or recorded programs. I adjusted the overscan so the Myth
GUI would fit. Leaving the overscan set to all zeros caused the GUI to be
way too big for the screen. However the KDE desktop scaled fine. The
resolution setting for the monitor is 1024x768.

Problem arises when I try to play a DVD. The video display is too low and
overscans too far to the right. Am I correct in thinking its the way the
converter is handling things? Is there a better resolution I should be
using with a converter?

Also, if it matters, I'm using xine for mythdvd.

Thanks,
Dave