[mythtv-users] Setup of audio, sound comming through /dev/audio and not /dev/dsp

Adam Wiseman adwiseman1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 08:55:43 EST 2004

Let me start out with a disclaimer.  I'm new to Linuz, and new to MythTv.  I'm a Windows developer/user.

I've got Mythtv installed and running with a few issues, one of wich I'm stumped on.  I can't get the audio to work.

I'm getting picture and sound, patch into the Mic port.  I'm not getting the Digital audio though
I've followed the instructions for testing  xawtv and running aplay /dev/dsp from console.  I get a 1814:read error (something like that, I don't have it in front of me)  I am however getting audio when I aplay /dev/audio, but it's got a lot of static, and don't know why I can't get my sound through /dev/dsp. I've followed the instructions to set the record line to my Mic line.  Which I think is working because I'm getting sound through /dev/audio when I turn this on.

 Same issues when trying /dev/sound/dsp.  I've also ensured that I don't have the 2 processes mentioned int he directions running and using /dev/dsp.  Can someone help point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Adam