[mythtv-users] (off topic) EPIA Motherboards

Jon Whitear mythtv at whitear.org
Tue Mar 9 19:09:02 EST 2004

Mark,

None of the EPIA boards have an AGP slot, so you're stuck with the
on-board CLE266 video chipset. I'm afraid I can't comment on its OpenGL
performance, since I haven't got that far with mine (an EPIA M10000) yet.
You might get more info at the Via Arena forum:-

http://forums.viaarena.com/

As a MythTV front end, i.e. for watching TV, I think it's fine - using the
hardware mpeg decoder in the CLE266 chipset keeps CPU utilisation down.
It's worth bearing in mind that these are _not_ the quietest boards
around. I haven't got around to trying to silence mine yet, as I'm still
trying to get Myth working!

Cheers,

Jon