[mythtv-users] Where to set hue/saturation

Chris Wieringa cwieri39 at calvin.edu
Wed Mar 10 09:40:24 EST 2004

>> The picture from my mythtvbox is over saturated. (not considering the
>> colors, the picture from my mythbox is _better_ than the actual
>> TV-picture). Were is the the best place to change this setting?
>
>This is a bit tricky.  It is stored in the channel table in the database.
>The colour field is the saturation.  It's stored per-channel, so you would
>do this to update the setting globally:
>
>  $ mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
>  (type password 'mythtv' here)
>  mysql> update channel set colour=#;
>
>I'm not certain what the range is.  I think it is 0-65535, with a default
>value of 32768.

Is there any way to change this for a particular tuner instead of per channel?
 I have a two tuner setup - a PVR250 (picture/color is great) and a ATI
TV-Wonder (bttv-based, picture is too bright/washed out).  I'd like to fine
tune the global picture settings for the bttv tuner, but to leave the PVR250
alone.  Can this be done somewhere?

Chris Wieringa
cwieri39 at calvin.edu