[mythtv-users] (Another) hardware list

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Mar 10 21:11:58 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:22:20PM -0500, Aaron Adler wrote:
> I've been following the mailing lists for a couple of months and I'm
> finally going to buy some hardware to build a machine. Any feedback or
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Aaron
>

> A PVR-350 and a PVR-250

Good choice here, thats what I've got.

> Athlon XP 2000+ processor

That should be plenty.

> 256 MB RAM

I've got 384M, and I think less would not be enough. As I sit here
only ~800k is being used for disk buffers. Of course I'm recording 2 shows,
and watching a 3rd.

> (I have a 200GB hard drive already)

That will hold a lot f stuff. I would use a 20 or 40 for a root drive,
and reserve this oen for the /myth partion, myself.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin