[mythtv-users] dual headed X?

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Wed Mar 10 22:44:27 EST 2004

> Does anyone have dual headed X working with a non framenuffer driver
for
> the AGP card? I'm struglng to get this to work with a Radeon, and a
PVR-350
> (the later needs the framebuffer X driver, and the former needs the
Radeon
> driver.
>
> I've got workign X configs for each of thes by itself, but I can't
seem to
> get a working one for the combination.

This seems to be a limitation in X. The X framebuffer driver cannot
coexist with non-framebuffer driver in the same server.

You may be able to use the framebuffer driver for everything (this works
for me on Matrox G400). Use either the kernel radeonfb or vesafb driver
together with the X fbdev driver.

Bolek