[mythtv-users] TV Out now works! But now I can't play a DVD :-(

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Mar 10 23:17:48 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:07:01PM -0500, stan wrote:
> I finally (thnaks to loads of help from various mebers of this and the ivtv
> list) have TV Out working on my KnoppMYTH V4R2 box with a PVR-350, and a
> 250.
>
> Unfortunatley, now that I have X running on the TV, I cna't play a DVD, or
> play back a DVD that I have riped to the hard disk. When I slect ether of
> these options from teh menu, the highlight bar breifly disapaers and
> imediatly re apears. I'm assuming that mplayer is crashing?
>
> Any ides? Is this a changed resolutin thing?

OK, runing mythfrontend in a xterm I was able to capture this:

vo: X11 running at 720x480 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local display)
It seems there is no Xvideo support for your video card available.
Run 'xvinfo' to verify its Xv support, and read Xv section of DOCS/video.html !
See 'mplayer -vo help' for other (non-xv) video out drivers. Try -vo x11
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

So given this. Does anyone have a working mplayer setup for running
on a system where X is the ivtv-fb module for the PVR-350?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin