[mythtv-users] LIRC/Homebrew xmitter working- but, slight dilemma

Ken J. Davis kdavis at cyberdavisfamily.com
Wed Mar 10 23:44:14 EST 2004

I got my homebrew serial transmitter(the simple one) working this evening,
but have a dilemma.(w/Scientific Atlanta 2100)

The channel_change.csh script appears to only work when I start
mythbackend(with or without -d) while logged in as root.  If I boot the
machine and let rc.local start mythbackend -d, it doesn't work.

I am guessing this is something to do with Linux security that I am not
aware of.

Thanks in advance for any advice....I am soooo close to the perfect Myth
setup.

.....can't wait to make my first backup copy of Sopranos

The homebrew transmitter is definately the way to go.(parts cost less than
$10 at Radio Shack)  I wasted time with the stupid Actisys 200L....didn't
read all the posts til after I bought it.