[mythtv-users] Feature request

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Mar 11 12:14:05 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 08:25, James Armstrong wrote:
> I was accessing Mythweb from work today to see how things were going. I
> was looking around and noticed that you can make changes to the channels
> and key bindings remotely with out any security. Maybe there should be
> an optional password that is required to make system changes via
> mythweb. I could also see needing one to schedule recordings. Maybe have
> a database of "valid" ip address that do not require passwords but if
> you access mythweb from an ip address not in the database have it prompt
> for a password so you could still schedule shows from on the road.

This is all very easy to set up with htaccess.  I require a password and
SSL for access to anything in my mythweb setup.

However, special users/passwords for special areas of mythweb settings
has been discussed, and is also easily handled with htaccess passwords,
but I haven't had the time to figure out the specifics and put the
settings into the .htaccess file that comes with mythweb (I just haven't
done per-file access before).

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer