[mythtv-users] Video Quality

Bryan Murphy bryan at terralab.com
Thu Mar 11 23:30:12 EST 2004

What kind of video card do you have?  I tried a couple different NVIDIA
cards
and the TV out quality was terrible.  I upgraded to a PVR-350, started
using it's
TV out and now the recorded stuff is indistinquishable from the signal
direct from
my TV box!!

Everything looks fantastic now.  I was watching Blade Runner DVD the other
day (output to the ivtvdev framebuffer, not the decoder) and it also
looked as
good as the DVD player.

I haven't seen any Matrox or ATI TV out, but the NVIDIA TV out sucks.  With
the PVR-350 I am now a very satisfied customer.

Bryan