[mythtv-users] Video Quality

Jared Luxenberg ziplux at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 11:05:28 EST 2004

I have DDR ram too, but I only have 256MB of it.  I noticed by using the
"free" program that almost all of it was being used while watching LiveTV,
so I've ordered some more and will post results when I receive it.

I'm really suprised that your 1GHz %thlon can capture at 640x480...my
mythbackend process takes about 60%-%70 CPU when I bump the resolution from
480x480 to 640x480.  I must be doing something wrong.  Are you using a
custom kernel?  As far as I know, my kernel is not optimized for Athlon
processors, as I am using the latest of Axel's prebuilt ones.

- Jared