[mythtv-users] RE: PVR-350 mpeg2 --> DVD burning. No commercial cutting or fancy stuff.

Volckaert, Jeff jvolckaert at chartermi.net
Fri Mar 12 13:08:13 EST 2004

I use the Ulead DVD Moviefactory that came with the PVR-250
card.  This is done under windows of course via a mapped
network drive.

First you have to record under MythTv at a DVD compliant
format... I use 720x480 res and 4M bitrate.  I then make a
symbolic link to the file with .mpg on the end instead of
.nuv (so Ulead will see it).  Then I just add it to a
project as I did before I used MythTv.  The only difference
from using the PVR card/Ulead under windows is the NUV on
the end.

It would be nice if extension was a setup option in Mythtv
so I wouldn't have to the symbolic link (or automatic mpg
extension when using a hardware encoder).  I also wish the
program title and/or description was somewhere in the
filename.  Those two changes would make burning DVDs under
windows a piece of cake for me.

BTW, go DVD if at all possible $$$ wise and skip the
VCD/SVCD stuff... MUCH better quality with DVD.

Jeff