[mythtv-users] Mysql backup

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 17:11:43 EST 2004

> This is a different scenario:
>
> >From Old System:
>
> Have backup of database and .nuv files
>
> New System:
>
> Database has information I don't want to lose.  (shows info)
> + more and new nuv files
>
> Problem:  What tables to use from old system to recover old
> shows info without losing new info.
>
> Thanks!! I hope it made sense.

Maybe the following (with extreme care).

Backup the new database, then drop it.

Restore the old database.  Possibly, restart mythbackend to upgrade the old
database.

Use nuvexport to extract database entries and nuv file for each program.

Drop the old database.

Restore the new database.

"Import" each old program.

Giant disclaimer:  I could easily have missed something and
this may depend upon the new and old databases being of the
same version.  Myth will update an old database to the new
format, but I don't know whether the per-show entries saved
by nuvexport are version dependent.