[mythtv-users] germany and pvr 350: how can I get the tuner work?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sat Mar 13 10:58:29 EST 2004

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:52:50 +0100, DonAnde <don.ande at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm still probing for over a week to get it run. I read all howtos I was
> able to find but without finding an answer. I'm still a noob, so be
> nice:)
>
> I know that the problem is probably ivtv-related, but most of the
> ivtv-users use mythtv and ivtv only got a dev-mailinglist so I post
> here.
>
> The Problem:
> I don't get any channels, I don't know why.
>
> I use gentoo. mythtv is installed and runs. The music plugin works
> perfectly. The TV only shows a noisy image no channel.

I assume you have run mythfilldatabase --manual? One of the questions
about each channel is the channel name in frequency tables, i.e. if a
channel on your TV is "S17" oe "C06", then you'd write "SE17" and "E6",
respectively. Make sure you've selected europe-west as your frequency
table.

The setting is also on the mythsetup channel setup screen (on the same
screen where you set hue/contrast/etc. for the channel). This info isn't
filled in automatically AFAIK.

Sorry if this is obvious, but I had the same problem in Sweden just a
month ago when I set up my myth box. =)

/ Niklas B