[mythtv-users] germany and pvr 350: how can I get the tuner work?

Andreas Willenbrink A.Willenbrink at web.de
Sat Mar 13 12:49:04 EST 2004

Hi,
am Samstag, 13. März 2004 16:58 schrieb Niklas Brunlid:

> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:52:50 +0100, DonAnde <don.ande at gmx.de>
wrote:
> > Hello,

> > The Problem:
> > I don't get any channels, I don't know why.
> >
> > I use gentoo. mythtv is installed and runs. The music plugin
> > works perfectly. The TV only shows a noisy image no channel.
>
> I assume you have run mythfilldatabase --manual? One of the
> questions about each channel is the channel name in frequency
> tables, i.e. if a channel on your TV is "S17" oe "C06", then
> you'd write "SE17" and "E6", respectively. Make sure you've
> selected europe-west as your frequency table.

For me mythfilldatabase --manual didn't work. So I used the channel
setup screen to get an idea of how the channel table in mysql looks
like and then set up a file containing INSERT-rules for each
channel to feed to mysql with
#> mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < channelfile.sql
just because the file is easier to adjust than mysql.
Don't forget to "DELETE FROM channel;" in mysql to delete the
channel table before your next try.

And as Niklas said, you need to rewrite the channel-names. I use Ex
for Kx channels and SEx channels for Sx channels under S21. For S21
and more it remains Sx, at least where I'm living :)

Bye

Andreas Willenbrink