[mythtv-users] Re: Yuan tuner card

Jason Livingston dergibjl2-nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 23:05:30 EST 2004

I'm also in Japan and I bought the same card, before checking Paken's
site unfortunately. :( The driver does not work yet and they don't seem
too confident that they will ever be able to make it work. The problem
seems to be the saa7173 chip, which is just different enough from the
saa711x series that it won't work with the current driver, and Philips
refuses to provide any register-level documentation for it.

>From reading their developers notes, it looks like the I2C bus (for
controlling the tuner, selecting the input, etc.) passes through the
saa7173 chip, then the NEC 3DYC and GR chips (which they do have info
for), and finally the tuner. If they can figure out the registers in
the 7173 chip, then the rest of it should work immediately...

Good luck guys!
Jason