[mythtv-users] weird sound artifacts...

Brian O'Reilly fade at deepsky.com
Mon Mar 15 01:40:28 EST 2004

I'm running my mythtv based PVR on a debian system with a leadtek wintv
2000 tuner board. The system uses alsa for sound, and a linux 2.4.24
kernel. It has been pretty reliable for me over the past couple of
months since I ditched the ATI card for a geforce4. I have run into a
problem with shows that have been recorded where the sound track is
doubled between the one appropriate for the show, and a soundtrack that
appears to be from other shows already recorded. This doubled sound
pretty much ruins the recordings for any kind of comfortable watching.

I'm not sure what causes this, and it I can't tell why it happens with
some recordings, but not all of them. Has anybody run into this problem
running myth 0.14 packages for debian? anybody feel like speculating,
or informing as to the cause? all help appreciated. Thanks.

Brian