[mythtv-users] LIRC: Beware of brain-dead packagers! (was: Lirc problems w/PVR-2

Aaron Levinson alevinsn at aracnet.com
Mon Mar 15 16:24:59 EST 2004

Hi John,

To tell you the truth, I'm not entirely certain what causes the ivtv
kernel module to be loaded.  I suspect that mythbackend is starting it,
but I have not personally confirmed it.  This detail is never made clear
from Jarod's document, and none of the changes to modules.conf in the ivtv
section actually cause the module to be loaded.  All I know is that after
completing the entire instructions, ivtv loads when my system is starting
up.

You can load ivtv manually by using modprobe, as mentioned in the
document.  If you follow the instructions and ivtv still isn't loading,
you can try adding a line to /etc/rc.sysinit to modprobe ivtv.

Aaron