[mythtv-users] mythmusic kills mythfrontend

michelle.moss at iinet.net.au michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 15 16:31:20 EST 2004

Quoting Henry Trommer <public-at-henry at gmx.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I got mythmusic compiled and installed and I can select the music files I
> want
> to play. But whenever I try to play them, mythfrontend aborts:
>
> trhe at sputnik:/> mythfrontend
> 2004-03-15 07:45:44 mythfrontend version: 0.14.20040123-1 www.mythtv.org
> 2004-03-15 07:45:44 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
> 2004-03-15 07:45:45 Registering Internal as a media playback plugin.
> 2004-03-15 07:45:45 Registering MythMusic Media Handler as a media handler
> QObject::connect: No such slot
> PlaybackBox::handleTreeListSignals(int,IntVector*)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'musictreelist')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
-- snip --
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> Speicherzugriffsfehler
>
> Any idea what's wrong?

Are you using Suse (8.2 or 9.0) by any chance? I had exactly the same problem.
Searching the archives led me to the fact that the QT libraries were causing
the problems. Another post said to use the ones from trolltech, but this
didn't help in my case (I'm using Suse 9.0). In the end, I downloaded the QT
rpms from here:

http://www.astro.uio.no/~oeysteio/RPM_SUSE9.0/MyhTV/20040309/

and installed them. They are installed to /usr/local/lib/qt3 and as far as I
can tell (I'm a linux noob) nothing else that uses QT (e.g. KDE) is affected.
I then set the following:

$ export QTDIR=/usr/local/lib/qt3
$ export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH

and recompiled all of my myth modules using these paths. (I uninstalled and
did make clean and make distclean to try and make sure that everything was
gone first - not sure if you need to do all of these)

I also had another problem if I tried to enable fftw for mythmusic as
mentioned in the readme. It seems as though the fftw libraries in Suse are
named libdrfftw and libdfftw rather than just librfftw and libfftw. This meant
that to enable this I had to edit the configure file and change

echo "LIBS += -lrfftw -lfftw">> ./mythmusic/config.pro

echo "LIBS += -ldrfftw -ldfftw">> ./mythmusic/config.pro

Cheers,
Michelle