[mythtv-users] hauppage grey remote not working in mythtv, but lirc IS

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Mon Mar 15 17:09:37 EST 2004

I've recently gotten mythtv running (using Knoppmyth distribution) and have
a Hauppage 350 card with the grey remote.  Everything seems to be working
with the exception of the remote.  If I use irw and press some buttons I get :

mythtv at mythtv:~ $ irw
00000000000017e1 00 CH- hauppaugegrey
00000000000017d0 00 VOL+ hauppaugegrey
00000000000017d0 01 VOL+ hauppaugegrey
00000000000017d0 02 VOL+ hauppaugegrey
00000000000017e5 00 OK hauppaugegrey
0000000000001fcc 00 BLANK hauppaugegrey

but when I start mythfrontend, the remote doesn't do anything.  I don't get
any error messages in /var/log/messages, and dmesg shows the lirc_dev
driver loading properly, and lircd is started and working (as evidenced by
the working irw)...and I have $HOME/.lircrc soft linked to
$HOME/.mythtv/lircrc and that file is the correct rc file for the hauppage
grey remote (which is what I have)..all that and it still doesn't
work...does anyone have any ideas or things I can try to get more
information as to what is wrong ?

oddsock