[mythtv-users] ATA RAID Question

Karl Rautenstrauch krautenstrauch at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 15 21:07:26 EST 2004

I am looking for a recommendation for an ATA RAID controller.  Anyone have a
pleasant experience with one they would like to share?  Also, any opinions
on whether this would make a difference in a system with 512 MB of RAM and a
PVR-250?  In read/write intensive apps like Oracle OLTP databases, we see a
huge improvement with RAID 1 or RAID 1+0 and Myth seems fairly IO intense
while recording or buffering Live TV.  Thanks in advance.

Karl Rautenstrauch
Systems Administrator
Energy Marketing and Trading
Florida Power and Light