[mythtv-users] Multiple XMLTV sources

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Tue Mar 16 13:23:58 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 12:56, steve at nexusuk.org wrote:
> Is it possible to set up more than one source per input?  i.e. I get all
> my channels from my satellite decoder through S-Video, but I want to get
> the listings for some channels from one xmltv source (bleb.org) and the
> listings for other channels from another xmltv source (tv_grab_uk_rt).

I would like to do the same thing here in the USA.  Many channels
provide their own listings pages that go much farther in the future and
provide more detail than you can get from the aggregate sites.  Cartoon
Network is notorious for not sending episode titles, let alone
descriptions while their own web site has all the details.

Given the ability to get listings from a given source on a per-channel
basis, I could envision a setup where most channels get their listings
direct from the network, with zap2it.com only being used for the lineup
information, except when a given channel's information isn't available
directly.

BTW: I expect someone will reply with a pointer to an xmltv list saying
that this is more appropriate there (and they're probably right).

--PC