[mythtv-users] Capture Card Settings lost on Reboot

Richard Helvick helvick at usa.net
Tue Mar 16 17:33:09 EST 2004

All,

I have an issue with my mythbox when ever it reboots.

My system is a combo frontend and backend runing version .14 with two
PVR-250's.  I am using the
init script provide in the myth source to start my backend on startup.

When my system comes up on reboot both my frontend and backend come up, but
when I go in to watch tv I run into a problem changing the channel.  Whenever
I press a digit it shows up on the screen but it will not accept two digits.
If I try to change the channel with the up/down keys it just says on the same
channel.

Two fix this I have to run setup and change the audio device on both capture
cards to "None".  The problem is that when I reboot, both capture cards have
there audio device set back to /dev/dsp.

If I kill the backend and restart it (without rebooting the box) this does
not
happen.

I am not sure what could be causing this.

Thanks for any help.

Rich

=-
Richard Helvick