[mythtv-users] ATA RAID Question

GERALD SCHEPENS schepens at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 16 23:19:50 EST 2004

I can tell you that Promise's controllers are kind of a pain under Linux.  I have an Asus P4PE with a Promise FastTrac 378 which I got working more by luck than because of Promise's "fantastic" support.  I've only used Promise's so far, so I can't compare their support or performance with anyone else's.

Anyway, a guy I know swears that a decent standard drive with a good cache will pretty much keep up with an SATA drive.  I don't know what to make of that claim.