[mythtv-users] Which Linux distro and is anyone running on a Shuttle SN41G2 XPC?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Mar 17 04:07:31 EST 2004

On Mar 16, 2004, at 05:23, Robert La Ferla wrote:

> I am planning to set up MythTV for the first time on a brand new
> system, a Shuttle SN41G2 XPC.  What are the preferred Linux distros
> for running MythTv?

The one you're most comfortable with. If you haven't used much Linux
before, then either KnoppMyth, Fedora Core or Mandrake, as they are
probably the best documented.

> I have a Hauppage PVR350 and a Leadtek WinFast 2000 tuner.  If you
> could only use one, which tuner would you use?

The 350, no ifs ands or buts about it.

>  Anything I should know about running MythTV on the nForce (2 vga
> port) XPC?

Kernel's w/APIC support like to bomb on nForce2 (not sure on nForce1).
Unless a very recent patch is applied. Fedora (and earlier Red Hat) has
APIC disabled, so you wouldn't have to compile your own kernel, but any
of them can be made to work.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...