[mythtv-users] Starting myth

Scott LeBrun slebrun at scopus.vic.edu.au
Wed Mar 17 17:02:18 EST 2004

Hi Timo.

The problem when mplayer is not focused is not an issue if you use
native lirc support for both Myth and mplayer. Well it fixed it for me
:-)

Scott

>>> Timo Boettcher <spida at gmx.net> 18/03/2004 2:54:47 am >>>
Hi,

  How are you starting mythfrontend?
  I was trying to start x as my myth user from inittab, and start
  mythfrontend from that users .xinitrc. That worked fine, but I
  couldn't control xine or mplayer when they where started, because
  they weren't focused (even when they were the top window).
  What windowmanager are you using?
  Do you log in, or do you have some kind of autologin?
  How do you start mythfrontend when you are in X?

  TIA

 Timo