[mythtv-users] Some questions before I breakout the Mastercard

Örn Hansen orn.hansen at swipnet.se
Wed Mar 17 19:22:31 EST 2004

torsdag 18 mars 2004 00:29 skrev Maarten van den Berg:

> Hehehe.  Been there, done that.  :-)

  Got the T-shirt? doesn't count until you got the T-shirt too :-)

> Yeah... I'm still getting to grips with debian.  I consider myself a debian
> newbie... this despite my 7 years linux experience.

  I started with debian ...

> That's why I basically followed your advice (before hearing it) and stuck
> with SuSE.  I knew that I probably needed 'leet linux skillz' to install
> MythTV so I went for the distribution I was totally at easy with.  Instead
> of Debian.

  There's a hazzle or two ... one was the -fPIC problem, this was
out-of-da-box SuSE.  If you've updated through apt4rpm, don't use the latest
gcc packages ... they got problems when compiling mythtv.  Otherwise, A ok.