[mythtv-users] lirc woes; re

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 18 14:39:22 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 07:46, Adam and Lori Walker wrote:
> How can I uninstall just the three parts of lirc so I can use/install
> the new, working version?
>
> or is there an upgrade path?

You should be able to simply "apt-get install lirc lirc-kmdl-`uname -r`"
after running an apt-get update.

> I tried to uninstall but the lirc-lib is part of mythsuite and it
> won't let me without uninstalling EVERYTHING.

Yeah, there are some dependencies that you'll break. There's a way to
remove them while ignoring deps, but that isn't recommended, unless you
really know what you're doing. Use the upgrade method above, and you
should be good to go.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...