[mythtv-users] Multiple frontends/backend storage with digital boxes

Hans Friedrich hans at misfithill.com
Thu Mar 18 19:33:34 EST 2004

Thanks for the link - MiniMyth looks really interesting and I'll have to
explore your project a little more once I get down to nuts and bolts.

I like the client setup you suggest. I think what I am going to do is
setup diskless thin clients like these next to each of my three tvs and
link them to a master backend machine with mega-storage by 100mbit
ethernet. This backend box will contain 3 pvr-250s linked to my 3
digital cable boxes for live-tv and recording. I plan to control channel
changing on the digital boxes remotely from my frontend machines via
serial port.

Does this sound like a plan? Does anyone forsee me needing more than 3
capture cards?