[mythtv-users] Commercial releases of MythTV?

Tyler Drake mythpcjabber at ec.rr.com
Thu Mar 18 23:13:03 EST 2004

Agreed!

>hardware, then even more so!
>
>The problem is that they have "decent" lawyers and better marketers.
>>From reading this thread for, what, 4 hours now, it is clear that
>>they
>are in GPL compliance (enter their lawyers), but their
>marketing tactics suck...from OUR point of view, being those
>that pour our hearts and souls and get yelled at by the SO's
>and all that by trying to do it ourselves.

Again, agreed.

>Is it an easy process? Hell, no! I have been at it for about 8

Heh, I agree there too, even if you are seasoned with Linux!

>months now or such. Search back on my name. And I have only
>recently gotten it to go! And still have issues.
>I'd love to call there tech support for the probs I am having even
>now!

Heh, #mythtv-users on irc.freenode.net =p
But, still, I agree...

>But the core of it is working and I think that this list is
>strong enough to get the job done for anyone willing to put in
>the time.

Go you! =) I agree, over 1/2 the fun is working to tweak your
settings etc.

>For those that have been here a long time, remember that Linux
>is not Windows and it does gain noobs everyday. I've been a
>Linux noob for two and a half years now!!!

I forgot to mention, if I do begin to sell these, I will throw at
least 10% back to Myth (probably more!)....

- --Tyler