[mythtv-users] feature wishlist

Per Håkan Weijnitz spam_gate at spray.se
Fri Mar 19 20:31:51 EST 2004

Hello! I'm just getting started, so please forgive if these things have
already been discussed. I'll try to do something myself as soon as there
is time, but anyway, here are some ideas:

 * Online help on the current menu's keys. Pressing 'h'/'?' in any
   context could pop up a list of hot keys.

 * "active powersave mode" (could be enabled/disabled by a cronlike
   job, making it active during work hours and late nights):
   Making the system automatically go to sleep and wake up by its
   recording schedule. This could "easily"(?) be done with ACPI RTC
   Wakeup (http://sourceforge.net/projects/nvram-wakeup), if your
   BIOS supports ACPI.

 * Instant recording
   A way to immediately activate recording on a selected channel.
   This can come in handy when there is no time to do proper scheduling
   (So you could just fire away a keystroke without even switching on
   the TV, perhaps Ctrl-r 1 for recording channel 1, Ctrl-r 2 for 2
   etc.)

 * Different user profiles. It would be nice to have personal settings,
   with a personal recording schedule and collection of recordings.
   As it is now, my girlfriend's programs and mine get mixed in the
   same list, making it difficult to overview.

 * High level recording directives: "from now on, record anything
   with Chevy Chase in it" etc, what would catch anything from
   interviews on talkshows (should turn up in XMLTV), or movies
   (IMDB as source).

 * A small system monitor on the main screen (cpu load, a red
   recording icon if something is being recorded, countdown to next
   recording etc).

 * I like to play C64 and Amiga emulatorgames once in a while. This
   would be a good addition to mythgame. Perhaps using xmess, as
   xmame is already there.

 * A basic calendar module. Could show random fun trivia on today's
   date based on IMDB, and you could import your favourite iCal file
   and have reminders on friends' birthdays etc. This could perhaps
   be fed through the RSS news browser.

MythTV is great!

Snabba pengar. S?lj gamla prylar du inte beh?ver h?r! http://www.spray.se/kopsalj/