[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV Out Instability

Derek Perry derek at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Mar 20 10:33:30 EST 2004

Hello,

I am new to mythtv, got my setup done last week.  Box has an
athlon processor (1250mhz, I am unsure of the model number), 256mb sdram,
and a pvr-350.  I have X up and running on the TV-Out of the pvr-350, but
when I am playing video or fast-forwarding video in mythfrontend I
sometimes (frequently) experience a hard freeze and must reboot the box
manually. I followed Jarod's guide pretty much to the T.  Anyways, here is
some relevant info

ivtv version 0.1.9-25
ivtv-firmware version 2.02.023-3
kernel version 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at
mythtv version .14

I was hoping that someone can shed some insight as to this problem,
and possibly a resolution (that doesn't involve buying a new video card).
I know that the ivtv project isn't complete, but has anyone else had
this much stability problems?  Thanks in advance!

--
Derek Perry
derek at cc.gatech.edu