[mythtv-users] M179 vs. PVR-250. was: ivtv firmware 2.02 or 1.9 ?

Bruce Smith brucesmith at chartermi.net
Sat Mar 20 16:41:09 EST 2004

> And the firmware isn't what needs patching to support the M179, it is
> the ivtv driver itself. And yes, the latest packages on ATrpms do have
> the M179 patch applied. I use them myself with both my M179 cards, no
> problem.

I'm looking to buy a 2nd card (my first is a PVR-250), and I'm debating
about getting a M179 off ebay, or another PVR-250.  How does the quality
compare between them?  I've read some postings about M179's having bad
quality, but that may only apply to the Windows drivers (which I don't
care about).  If there is any difference in quality, I'll spend the
extra for another PVR-250.  If the quality is the same, then I might as
well save the money.  Does a M179 and a PVR-250 play nice together in
the same box?  Which would you recommend for a 2nd card?  Thanks!

 - BS